SMT-LIB is an international initiative aimed at facilitating research and development in Satisfiability Modulo Theories (SMT). Since its inception in 2003, the initiative has pursued these aims by focusing on the following concrete goals.
- Provide standard rigorous descriptions of background theories used in SMT systems.
- Develop and promote common input and output languages for SMT solvers.
- Connect developers, researchers and users of SMT, and develop a community around it.
- Establish and make available to the research community a large library of benchmarks for SMT solvers.
- Collect and promote software tools useful to the SMT community.
- Documents describing the SMT-LIB input/output language for SMT solvers and its semantics;
- Specifications of background theories and logics;
- A large library of input problems, or benchmarks, written in the SMT-LIB language.
- Links to SMT solvers and related tools and utilities.